Thailand : Medical Travel and Exotic Appeal
Thailand has long been a favorite tourism destination in Asia with an exotic appeal, a long list of historic and modern attractions, friendly people and internationally renowned cuisine.
The government has worked closely with the medical community to develop a high quality and economic medical tourism location. Through these efforts, Thailand has become one of the major destinations for medical travel. The number of international patients exceeded 1.8 million in 2010.
According to the official Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Medical Tourism Portal,
the following are the six reasons for making Thailand your Medical Tourism Destination:
- 1. Thailand features internationally accredited medical facilities:
- There are over twenty JCI accredited hospitals.
- 2. Thailand’s medical professionals are highly qualified:
- Many Thai doctors and surgeons practicing today have won awards for their work and more than 500 doctors practicing in Thai hospitals are American Board Certified.
- 3. Cost saving
USA Thailand Heart Bypass $130,000 $11,000 Hip Replacement $43,000 $12,000 Hip/Knee Replacement $40,000 $10,000 Spinal Fusion $62,000 $7,000 Breast Augmentation $3,500 - $4,00 $2,600 - $3,000 Face Lift $4,500 - $5,000 $2,400 Liposuction $2,500 - $3,000 $1,200 Hair Transplant $4,000 $1,000 - $2,000 Teeth Whitening $1,000 $100 Root Canal Treatment $500 - $2,000 $150
- 4. No waiting lists
- Little if any waiting time according to the Thai government site.
- 5. No waiting lists
- An array of the latest medical devices and procedures are available depending on the hospital you choose.
- 6. Thailand offers excellent service